In this forum you can talk about Anime and Cartoons such as Hunter X Hunter, Dragon Ball, The Seven Deadly Sins, Ben Ten, Scooby Doo, Kuroko's Basketball, Shaman King, Baki Hanma, KENGAN ASHURA, Fullmetal Alchemist, One Piece, Jujutsu Kaisen, K-On, Spirited Away, Negima, Powerpuff Girl, X-men, Dexter's Laboratory, Star Wars, Samurai Jack, The Simpsons, Teen Titans, Avatar: The Last Airbender, SpongeBob, Batman, Rick and Morty, Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, Attack on Titan, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Naruto, and any others. Any guest can reply to any topic if not locked. You can also share your opinion or stuff about anime and general everyday topic.

Author Topic: Dragon Ball Z and its awesomeness  (Read 177 times)

Wakazi

Dragon Ball Z and its awesomeness
« on: February 21, 2024, 10:22:36 AM »
Dragon Ball Z was the first anime I ever saw that set the standard for what anime is and should be. Since then, I've continued to watch more anime and the standard has long since been surpassed. However, Dragon Ball Z will always hold a special place in my heart.

Even so, "Dragon Ball Z" still has a long way to go. The length is my biggest issue. Maybe it's just me, but I'd love to do a 20-episode series. Of course I have many exceptions, but this is my preference. At the time I thought all anime only had over a hundred episodes and I had to face it. Anyway, Dragon Ball Z is too long. The argument goes on forever, never changes, and by the end of the episode I always feel like nothing has been accomplished (which happens often). As a result, I rarely get excited about fights, which really reduces my enjoyment of watching them.

The story of the show isn't very good either. Sure, this is a show about fighting, but that's never going to change. It seems like every evil alien in the universe has a purpose in life. The show starts to get really boring in the second storyline.

Most of the characters are well done. It seems like the only major growth is in physical strength, but occasionally we find a character like Vegeta who shows incredible growth over the course of nine seasons that catapults him to stardom. However, his character is still fighting for his goals in life and believes this will never change.

Overall, Dragon Ball Z is a great example of a very, very long animated series. In the end I wouldn't say it was worth it. I don't recommend watching this show (unless you've already started/watched it). Not that it's bad or anything, just not worth it in the end. Sure, Vegeta's journey throughout the movie is amazing, but in the long run, it's not worth it. Despite my review, I would not recommend Dragon Ball Z. But if you still want to watch it, go ahead. It's better than many other shows I've seen, but slightly worse than many others. If you like it, I can respect it, but it's none of my business.