In this forum you can talk about Anime and Cartoons such as Hunter X Hunter, Dragon Ball, The Seven Deadly Sins, Ben Ten, Scooby Doo, Kuroko's Basketball, Shaman King, Baki Hanma, KENGAN ASHURA, Fullmetal Alchemist, One Piece, Jujutsu Kaisen, K-On, Spirited Away, Negima, Powerpuff Girl, X-men, Dexter's Laboratory, Star Wars, Samurai Jack, The Simpsons, Teen Titans, Avatar: The Last Airbender, SpongeBob, Batman, Rick and Morty, Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, Attack on Titan, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Naruto, and any others. Any guest can reply to any topic if not locked. You can also share your opinion or stuff about anime and general everyday topic.

Author Topic: My opinion on Dragon ball z  (Read 100 times)

Mannji

My opinion on Dragon ball z
« on: January 02, 2024, 12:36:54 AM »
Okay, okay, maybe I'm biased because DBZ is probably one of my favorite shows of all time, if not my favorite anime - ever! But who cares? I love this show. I love Dragon Ball (although if you asked me, I'd have to say the American dub of Dragon Ball would be suitable for more than 11 people) Now let me tell you how much I love the Dragon Ball series. ....

When I was in first grade kindergarten, I watched the first episode of Dragon Ball. I got sick and came home from school, I think it was on Fox Kids. He followed Banana in his pajamas. (God bless my soul, I hate that show.) Well, I've been a fighter my whole life and since I'm a huge fan of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (and since I'm bedridden), I decided to watch Dragon Ball. I laughed and laughed and of course enjoyed it. I can't say exactly what I remember except that I can only think about Master Rossi and his island. Well, over the years, I survived these stages and never got addicted and died unluckily. That won't happen for a few more years. In 5th grade, my friends played Dragon Ball Z during recess (he had just started playing at that time). Of course I wanted to cosplay with them, but I didn't know or remember any of the female characters. I was asked to play Bulma. All I thought about was Blue Hair (a friend of mine complained that I played Bulma because they had to play Yamcha. Go) years went by and I didn't start watching it until about 6th grade. In the summer , I would watch reruns of Frieza or Garlic and my cousin and his friends would laugh at the show. (I'll tell you now: DBZ isn't just about screaming people with hidden steroid muscles and toes that glow from their bodies.) By the time the Android/Cell story came out eyes, I was officially hooked! ! ! ! ! ! DBZ was the first show I stumbled upon and even though I was a 15 year old girl, I wasn't interested. If you like fighting and blowing up mountains, it's a shame! ! ! ! ! ! ! Great DBZ rock! ! !

NOTE: As I said above in my comments about screams, muscles, and lighting, it goes beyond those. The show has a lot to say about courage, friendship, and loyalty. Even though the American version may not be as good as the Japanese version, I still think it's very good. If you start watching midway through the series, it might take you a while to understand how DBZ works, but keep watching - it might take a while (like me).

Akira Toriyama has certainly created a classic.